As part of Chesterton Academy’s guidance counseling program, our staff coordinates college visits to the Chesterton Academy campus, facilitates student visits to local college fairs, and provides introductions to religious orders and communities around the world.
Chesterton Academy has partnered with Mrs. Cristina Gleason, an independent college admissions consultant, to provide college counseling services to our students. Mrs. Gleason is a parishioner at Our Lady of Grace in Edina and fully understands our educational philosophy and our mission. She leads student and parent information sessions throughout the year and meets with each student individually. The service is provided by Chesterton Academy at no cost to our families. Learn more about Cristina below.
Cristina Gleason | Chesterton Academy College Counselor
Mrs. Gleason is a seasoned college admissions consultant and educational advisor with a wealth of experience guiding students and their families through the college and financial aid application process. She has worked with a wide-range of families to secure admissions, financial aid packages and scholarships at some of the most prestigious universities in the United States including Harvard, Yale, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John’s, Fordham, Fairfield, and The University of Minnesota.
Mrs. Gleason graduated with High Thesis Honors from Tufts University with a B.A. in International Relations and Journalism. Upon graduation, she worked with Tufts University Admissions to conduct undergraduate applicant interviews. As a journalist, Mrs. Gleason has been published in USA Today, The Boston Globe and a variety of magazines and websites. Following her time as a journalist, she spent many years as a Senior Marketing Associate at Digitas, an integrated advertising agency in Boston. In 2010, Mrs. Gleason joined Expartus, a London-based MBA admissions consulting firm. Subsequently, she worked for several years at Green Apple College Guidance as an independent educational consultant.
Mrs. Gleason, who grew up in Brazil and Costa Rica, is fluent in Spanish. She is a parishioner of Our Lady of Grace in Edina. Mrs. Gleason can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chesterton Academy hosts colleges and universities for campus visits throughout the academic year. If you are a college admissions representative and would like to visit our school, please know that we typically schedule visits on Thursdays from 12:20PM – 12:50PM. Please contact Cristina Gleason at email@example.com to schedule a visit.
– Christendom College Scholarship Matching Program: A program where Christendom will match scholarship offers you have received from other colleges.
– John W. McDevitt Scholarships: Graduating seniors who are children or grandchildren of Knights of Columbus are eligible for these scholarships.
– Quest Bridge 2015 College Prep Scholarship: Opportunity for academically motivated lower-income juniors to gain scholarship money for college.
Leadership and Other Opportunities
– Junior Summer Program at Christendom College: Experience the Christendom Summer Program for rising high school seniors. The most popular, well-attended and highly ranked pre-college program of its kind. Amazing classes, fun activities, great friendships, growth in holiness–for $500 a week.
– NET Ministries Application: Apply for one year of service–service and evangelization in Catholic schools and parishes.
– Saint Paul’s Outreach: Mission leaders recruitment, for seniors (and older) only
– Steubenville North Conference-Rochester: St. Paul conference is already full. Rochester conference is July 10-12, 2015.
– University of Alabama Early College Summer Program: High school seniors can earn college credits while in high school during the summer.
North Dakota University System: website shows an overview of what makes each campus unique, allowing students to easily compare the various institutions